3 hours ago
Thursday, February 21, 2008
This is a story about a Bible made of RUBBER
This has been my favorite Bible over the past few months.
Now I'm not one to usually get sentimentally attached to a Bible. I know some people do because their grandma gave it to them or they had to use if for a paddle to escape the Amazon forest after a plane crash or something. But I really do believe this Bible is the best. I have told many people this. I even came up with a Top Ten Reasons My Bible is the Best(I challenge you to do the same):
10. It's bright orange
9. It's made of rubber
8. It has non-slip grip for when you really get with your preachin'!
7. It has a sewn binding so the pages lay flat.
6. It fits in your hand
5. It has a really nice color of page marker ribbon
4. It sheds liquid. (I found that out just this week when I spilled coffee on it.)
3. It's got a really good concordance built in
2. It's the ESV, which may be my new favorite version for study.
1. God speaks to me through it!
So I was talking to my friend this week who gave me the Bible and telling him how excited I am about it, when he said a really odd thing. He said, "If you find someone who you need to give that Bible away to, I've got another ESV Bible I'd like to give you." I said "OK," all the while thinking, "Why would I give away this Bible - my favorite Bible." Well the very next day, I had a kid on my school bus ask to read my Bible. Of course I let him and before he got off the bus, he asked if he could have it. Weird, isn't it! So I'm giving him my Bible, which is all cool in itself. But the story doesn't end there...
I got my new Bible last night from my friend...and it's a GLOW-IN-THE-DARK ESV HANDHELD BIBLE!!!
It doesn't get much cooler than that! I think it's my new favorite Bible. I may have to write a new top ten.