Friday, September 26, 2008

Celebrating Life

This is a trailer for Bella



I watched this movie today and it moved me.

It had a good story, despite a few flaws. The acting was definitely above average. The film-making was smart and relevant. The characters were believable, real, and passionate. But the thing that struck me the most was the loud message of celebrating life. This is a rarity in most media today.

Without giving away too much of the movie, I will say I was really struck how the main character's passion for life came because of a tragedy in his own life. As we watch the film, we watch him show his concern for the frailty of our humanness through slowing down...getting to know people...putting others needs above his own...asking the hard questions. How many of us miss these things even when our lives are going great, let alone if we are in the midst of tragedy.

I know this post comes at an odd time since we are in the middle of a challenge to fast from media. But if this film moves you like it moved me, you will be challenged to celebrate life too.

Let me know what you think.

Peace - Mark

No comments: