Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Inspirational...

As I've said before, I get new favorite things often, and this painting is currently it.

The official title of this piece is "Alfred, Louis and Francois after 12 years of preparation were surprised to find a cafe at the top of mount Everest".

Isn't that great?

I love the freshness and zaniness of it. I love the use of colors. I love the unique style of the art. But mostly I love it because it reminds me that some people are out there doing the thing they love and it is working for them.

As I think about the things that inspire me right now, I think that is one of the top ingredients - a life free to pursue its passion.

Just this week I've been inspired by...

Carlos Whittaker (a worship leader turned pastor turned leadership coach turned recording artist turned church planter who blogs at ragamuffinsoul.com);

Elsie Flannigan (an local artist and shop-owner who spends her time making "cute" and blogs like crazy at abeautifulmess.typepad.com);

Colby Moore (a local photographer who is blowing my mind with his creative scenes and vibrant colors. How exciting that he is making it work with what he loves. Check out his stuff on facebook or at colbymoorephotography.com);

and of course Matte Stephens (the artist who created my new favorite painting [see above] and seems to have a healthy affection for owls. Check him out at matteart.blogspot.com).

So what inspires you? Would love to hear.

Peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:) HEY!! I have been blogging, you should follow me if you wish! Loving this post by the way, very cool <3