Wednesday, January 22, 2014

QUESTION BOX 1



I hope you enjoyed our intro video tonight on the questions of finding your SOULMATE. I will post later this week on the numerous questions we received about dating and relationships.

However, I wanted to aim my first QUESTION BOX post at the several questions we received regarding emotions, feelings and self-image.

Here are some of the questions I will try to answer:

"WHY AM I NEVER GOOD ENOUGH?"
"WHY DO I SOMETIMES HATE EVERYTHING ABOUT ME?"
"WHY DOES IT FEEL LIKE I AM DROWNING WHEN EVERYBODY ELSE IS BREATHING?"
"WHY DO I FEEL SO LOW SOMETIMES?"

As with anything, there is really two sides to these questions.

One is the fact that we are a flawed people. We by nature make mistakes, fall short, mess up. And the Bible confirms this: "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." (Romans 3:23)

So, no matter who you are or how hard you try, you will have times where you fail. God knows this.

And you should feel bad about this. God has set a high standard because our flaws actually separate us from Him. So He has given us His Word to tell us what is right and wrong and He has sent His Spirit to remind us of our need to turn from wrong things. 2 Corinthians 7:10 says "For godly grief produces a repentance that leads to salvation without regret, whereas worldly grief produces death."

So God shows us our flaws so we might turn to Him.

Now, the other side. God created you. He loves you. You are made in His image. He looks at you as His creation that He loves. That's why He tells you right from wrong. That's why He sent Jesus. That's why He has went to such great lengths to restore a relationship with you.

So in closing, we must rightly access ourselves in view of God's laws so that we might turn to a loving and gracious God who has paid for those mistakes and wants to forgive them and restore us.

I'd love to hear comments or further questions. More QUESTION BOX posts coming soon.

No comments: