Wednesday, February 19, 2014

QUESTION BOX #4


So the questions keep coming in our Question Box each week. While there's a wide variety from silly to serious, it is interesting to see trends in questions occur. One of the most frequent questions I'm currently receiving revolve around being AWESOME:

"Why am I so awesome?"
"Why is (student's name here) so awesome?"
"When God made me did he put in extra awesome?"

I love these questions. The simple answer is because you are made in God's image. In the first two chapters of Genesis we see God speak the rest of creation into existence, but He hand crafted mankind, making us to reflect Himself.

In Psalm 139 (if you've never read this Psalm you should stop reading this and go do so immediately) the author reflects on this fact:

"For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made." (Psalm 139:13-14 ESV)

So we are awesome only because God is awesome. So our challenge is to live lives that reflect Him so that He gets the glory.

Looking forward to tonight's fresh batch of questions! Keep 'em coming!

No comments: