Thursday, December 23, 2010

There are Elves afoot...

So I've been called lots of things in my life.

Many I can't repeat on this blog.

But one of the most common has been elf - a reference to the legendary Elliott ears (They are the things of legend!) And, whether it was meant to be encouraging or not, I have embraced that title wholeheartedly.

Just check out this little piece of proof if you don't believe me!

So this week, I have really gotten in touch with my inner elf in preparation for Christmas

..and I've got a new elf-in-training...my son, Ethan.



We've been working night and day behind closed doors making a special gift for the girls. It has been wonderful. Ethan has measured and marked and drilled and sanded; all like a pro! And I have noticed a difference in his confidence and concern for others outside the workshop. I suppose it is his "elfness" coming into full bloom!

Now, of course I can't show you too much yet, but I'll post final pictures after Christmas!

So how are you getting your elf on this week?

God bless & Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm getting my elf on by making HATS, SCARVES, and everything in between!!! ;)

Blog post soon :D

Anonymous said...

Appreciation for your expressing your current encounter relating to this subject matter.