Monday, July 4, 2011

Legacy Part One: Leaving...

I've been thinking a lot about legacy this week.

You know, that concept of what your life leaves behind. How you're remembered. What you pass on to your children.

On Sunday, I had a conversation with a gentleman about his Bible and how it had been given to him when he was eight years old. That was over 50 years ago. He is wanting to get it rebound so he can hold on to it. Maybe pass it on to someone. He then shared how his family had a Bible that had been passed down three generations. His sister currently has it and it will then pass on to her daughter.

That is what I want for my family. My children.

Even as we work to buy a little farm-ette, I want this to be a part of instilling values and faith and character. I want this to build a place and a time that is foundational for my children.

Today we began working on the property to get it ready for closing. It was wonderful to see our children as excited as we were for the direction God is taking our family. There are hardly words to express the feeling I got having my children working beside me.

In the Bible this would be called inheritance.

Tomorrow I'll post more about that concept and what I read today in the Bible that blew my mind!

But for today, share with me your favorite thing that was passed on to you from your parents. It can be tangible or intangible. Can't wait to hear your thoughts!

No comments: