Saturday, July 2, 2011

One of My Favorite Things...

Yesterday I woke up and told my wife that I was going to get to do one of my favorite things...

Make a movie.

We were shooting footage for some videos for our upcoming Middle School camp and I was excited! I love the process of making a piece of film that moves or challenges or captures people. I love planning the story. I love shooting the shots with great people. I love editing the footage and watching it take form. I get a lot of joy from it.

After camp I'll share some of the video we made on here, but until then I thought I'd show you one of my current favorite online filmmakers:

Julian Smith is a prolific sketch video producer who got his start when he posted this video on YouTube and it went viral:


Now Julian makes his living making his art for our enjoyment. He hits on topics ranging from to faith to grandmas to just plain fun. He even shares my interest in up-to-date technology. Hope you enjoy his stuff.

So, what is one of your favorite things? Who is somebody who shares that love or inspires you?

No comments: