Thursday, January 22, 2009

My New Favorite Space


So this week I spent some time in my new favorite space...the updated College & Career Classroom.

(Let me clarify that location: It is the little upstairs room - not the big upstairs room - in the Family Life Center above the kitchen where the College & Career class used to meet before they met downstairs but where they are meeting again now. Clear?)

I went up to the room to do some reading and praying and found myself just inspired by my surroundings. As I have been doing a lot of evaluating of why and how we do ministry things at 180, I was keenly aware of all the elements in this room that created an inviting environment for people to connect and hear from God.

So I made a list:

*INVITING
*COMFORTABLE
*CREATIVE
*COMMUNICATES COMMUNITY
*ATTENTION TO DETAILS
*VISION & PASSION
*BEAUTY
*THOUGHTFUL & INSPIRING
*CLEAN BUT COZY
*WARM
*SERIOUS ABOUT COMMITMENT
*SOMETHING IS HAPPENING HERE
*ANCIENT & MODERN

I know. I'm a nerd, but I was just really excited about these things I saw. Excellent job to all involved in creating a space where people can be invited into a true relationship with God and get involved in a loving & real body of believers!

No comments: