Thursday, October 8, 2009

Catalyst: Day 2

It has been a very full and rewarding day here at Catalyst.

We just finished a full day of new ideas, challenging concepts, Biblical exegesis and much more with an intimate time of worship and communion. There are so many things to share and say and discuss and process, I almost don't know where to begin. But in light of our time of remembering the cross, I would say overall the day has been a refreshment and a renewal of focus on Christ. It's not about what I am building or what I am planning or the strategies I need to work on - it is about falling in love with Christ and pointing people to Him!

I have also really been touched with the focus and emphasis on family this week. We have been challenged over and over from the stage to lead and minister to and fight for our families. As Catalyst is training us as "next generation leaders", it has reminded me that Shannon and I are raising up the NEXT "next generation leaders" in our children. What a blessing and a responsibility!

Anyway, more later. Here are a few of the statements today that have grabbed me. Give me your thoughts and what has grabbed you today:

"It is about whose side you are on; not who is on your side!" -Andy Stanley

"Living to make my mark is too small a thing to give my life to." -Andy Stanley
"We don't need leaders who make daring, bold decisions; we need leaders who are humble." -Malcolm Gladwell

"What if the gospel is a living thing & not a lifeless artifact?" - Shane Hipps

"Our children pick up on what really matters to us without us saying a word." -Rob Bell

"You have organizations ranking Christians and church bodies who follow a Savior who said, 'The first shall be last.'" - Rob Bell

"Put the crackpipe down!" - Rob Bell

"When you die, God will not ask why you weren't more like Moses; He will ask why you weren't more like you." - Rob Bell

"When you obey God, you won't want anybody else's life." -Rob Bell

"There is a generation of sons and daughters who need to know they are worth fighting for." -Reggie Joiner

Some thoughts to chew on. More tomorrow. God bless & peace.

No comments: