Thursday, August 26, 2010

Kickoff Kraziness!

So our annual back-to-school Fall Kickoff was this past Wednesday...and it was crazy!

If you don't believe me, check this out:



For those of you who didn't make it out this Wednesday, we did lots of constructive things like drinking sodas through other people's socks and constructing what was possibly the world's largest dogpile during our little Ships & Sailors game.

We also had some wonderful worship as we sang along with the band and looked at what the Bible says about overcoming.

One of the most interesting parts of the evening, though, was our question answering duo, the Tylers. I only wish we had had more time for them. And I know some of you were disappointed because your wonderful questions weren't picked.

So I thought would answer a couple:

*If a turtle loses its shell, would it be homeless or naked?*

This is, of course, an age-old question much like "which came first: the chicken or the egg?" And, obviously, there are conflicting viewpoints, factions, cults and denominations who remain divided over the matter. Even in my own household, my children all, without hesitation, said "Homeless." But obviously he would only be naked, because he can always find another home.

*Why am I here?*

This is an excellent question, and, much like our first, an age-old, often-debated one! I believe the short answer, though, is because God loves you. In the creation account in Genesis 1, it says about us humans, "'Let us make mankind in our image, after our likeness.'" and a little later He looked at everything, but only after making man, and said "It is VERY good." (emphasis mine). And as for you specifically, in the Psalms it accounts of God, "For you (God) formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it well." (Psalm 139:13-14) Know that you are here to know God and His love and to worship Him because of it!

Great questions! I may try to answer a few more later this weekend. I hope you can make it back next week as we start our new series "Life Hurts, God Heals"

God bless.

No comments: