Tuesday, September 8, 2009

What A Community

So I was reminded today of why I like living in Buffalo, MO so much.

It's the community.

Not the collection of houses and parks and well-maintained (or sometimes not so well maintained) roads and groupings of businesses and entrepreneurial opportunities. But, rather, the collection of people who know and care for one another.

I watched today as people who had experienced a loss last week loved and served another family who lost a loved one this week. They were living out the Scripture from 2 Corinthians 1:3-4 that says: "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God." And this reminded me that I love living in this town with these people. Living in a place where people know each other and care.

So, tell me, why do (or why don't) you like living where you are at? Do you sense and value the community? Looking forward to your thoughts. God bless.

No comments: