Wednesday, April 14, 2010

...and never give up!

So tonight's 180 Youth Service was...

I don't even know what word to put there, so let me back up and tell you a little about my week.

-Four major events on Saturday.
-Up early Sunday for full day of Church events.
-Melt down with family on Monday.
-Melt down with friends on Tuesday.
-Incredible worship event with Mattie Montgomery from For Today on Tuesday night.
-Prayed Wednesday morning to expect God to do only He can do and surrendered my willingness to follow Him rather than my schedule.
-Got two days of work done in one day while taking genuine time to talk to at least five or six people.

...and that brings us to tonight's service. I don't know if I've ever felt God give me the words or the insight into people's lives like I did tonight. From what I prayed for people during worship to the connection of God's Word to their lives during the message to the responses I received after, I just felt God setting people free. It was indescribable. And so many responded to the final challenge to stop settling for less than what God designed us for.

...and then I settled. I blew it. I chose to get negative in a discussion with someone after church. And I hated it.

But I write this to encourage you, because Satan wants to steal our joy and our victory tonight. Of course He will attack after a day/week like we've had. And the temptation is to say, "Of course I settled. I always settle. Why do I even try. Maybe I didn't even mean it."

DON'T BELIEVE IT!

Proverbs 24:16 says, "for the righteous falls seven times and rises again, but the wicked stumble in times of calamity." So we seek forgiveness. We accept grace. And we get right back up and refuse to settle!

And then those mistakes will become less

and less

and less

and

less

So be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened and do not be dismayed. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.

No comments: