Thursday, April 8, 2010

My New Best Friend...

So my family and I were at McDonald's tonight after an evening of picking up supplies for Saturday's Business Expo (at which Calvary Chapel will be hosting a booth...so come see us!), when I made a new friend.

I had just made my order and swiped my debit card through this beautiful little thing when it happened...



this message popped up on the screen telling me I was "APPROVED"!

I was in love.

I felt all special and warm inside.

I instantly knew I had a new best friend. And suddenly I realized how desperate so many of us are for love and acceptance.

Yesterday we started a new series on God's Plan for Good Sex. And I already know that many students have been struggling with this issue all because they are looking for someone to care about them. Someone to love them. Someone to accept them.

So they have sex...and then they feel guilty and dirty and alone.

But there's another way. I hope that these students and I and all of us hear God's message through this series: "I love you. I care about you. I accept you."

I think Psalm 139 says it best:

For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well.
My frame was not hidden from you,when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed substance;in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there was none of them.


If you know Christ, I hope you can rest in that truth today. If you don't know Christ, I pray that you will begin to realize He is the only place you will find true acceptance.

Peace.

No comments: