Thursday, February 11, 2010

Bring on the Worship Eagle!

So I've been reading through Isaiah lately

...and it's pretty much a lot of doom and gloom. This nation is going to kill that nation. Your city is going to be destroyed. Judgement is coming.

You know, nice feel-good stuff.

That was why I was so refreshed to get to chapter 40 today. It's all about how good God is and His comfort for His people. It's about restoration and God's protection. It's about a God who listens and answers.

And then I got to the last verse: "but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint." (Isaiah 40:31)

A familiar verse...but I have just thought and thought about that verse today. I have let it's truth sink into my heart. I've found encouragement and strength in the fact that I will find perseverance and strength and ability ONLY if I wait on God. I can't figure it out myself. I can't do it by my plan or my might.

Simple truth. Profound reality for me today.

(I also really like it because it reminds me of this fantastic post on stuffchristianslike.net)

So what are you weary of today? Where are you finding your strength? What is encouraging you today?

Peace.

No comments: