Friday, March 12, 2010

Welcome to the Weekend!

I'm praying for disruption in my life.

It's really a prayer culminating from various factors that all have seemed to converge on this weekend.

Factor #1: THE RISING.

As you read this (if you read it when it posts and not like three week later:) I will be in Memphis, TN with 10 young people going to this conference focused on bringing Jesus into our everyday life. There is going to be teaching, an incredible service opportunity in downtown Memphis, and worship led by Carlos Whittaker.

And here is a video from Carlos about that worship...



Factor #2: DOUG IS IN ISRAEL...SO I'M PREACHING SUNDAY!

I don't know why but it always seems that I get to preach the Sunday following Youth Events. We don't plan it that way - it just happens. And that usually means that I'm all pumped up from challenging teaching and caffeine.

So as I was starting to get my head around what I was going to teach on for Sunday, I saw the above video and was really moved & challenged by what it said. Then I found myself reading this book by Francis Chan called Crazy Love and was just leveled by these two chapters on being lukewarm.

And as I started putting the pieces together for the message I realized I would be preaching on this stuff the same weekend that I was going to this conference on stepping out of our comfort zone to bring Jesus to our world, getting to worship with Carlos Whittaker live, and showing the first teaser video for our post-Easter message series Do Something!

So...

Factor #3: MAYBE GOD IS UP TO SOMETHING

God is always up to something, but I think I so often miss it. But with all of the factors I see Him moving together, I really believe He is getting ready to do some exciting things in our lives, our church and our community...and I DON'T WANT TO MISS IT!

So I'm praying that God will do whatever it takes to get me out of my comfort zone, undistracted, disrupted, so I'm ready.

Will you join me?

1 comment:

Brian said...

holy cow! I love that book and the challenge against apathy is serious. I also was brought to my knees when I realized what someone who is truly obsessed with Jesus is like. Wow!