Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Which Way Is Up...?

I read this the other day:

And now the LORD says,
he who formed me from the womb to be his servant,
to bring Jacob back to him;
and that Israel might be gathered to him—
for I am honored in the eyes of the LORD,
and my God has become my strength—
he says:"It is too light a thing that you should be my servant
to raise up the tribes of Jacob
and to bring back the preserved of Israel;
I will make you as a light for the nations,
that my salvation may reach to the end of the earth."
(Isaiah 49:5-6 ESV)


...and I was excited! This is the kind of stuff that grabs my heart. God wants to expand the vision: "I'm not going to reach just one nation/person/community; I'm going to reach the whole world! And I'm picking you to be a part of the mission!"

It get's my blood pumping. It captures me.

Because it's a reminder that God wants to use little ol' me (and little ol' you!) to accomplish his great purposes. To reach the nations. To set the captives free. To make another world possible. And that is exciting to me!

Our tag line at 180 Youth Ministries is "Turning the world right side up!" And that is the hope we live by, that God wants to turn our upside down lives right side up...and then use us to help others get turned around as well!

This year we are creating an opportunity for you to do that and share it with others. We have compiled a list of "Things We Will Do For the KINGDOM in 2010". We have them posted on our walls at church.

The plan is for you (or you&your friends or you&your family or even you&your enemies!) to pick one something on the list to do and then share that with us through a picture or a story or a video or some origami or whatever seems to fit best!

The first one we did was to hold a Game Night on New Year's Eve and collected donations for Rapha House. Here we are at midnight!



So we want to help get you involved in this! This week we want to ask everyone to work on the same item on the list: "#23: Take a Picture of Yourself with the Number 180"...as a reminder that God wants to turn our lives right side up and use us to do that in others lives.

And then we want you to share that picture with us! You can post a link in the comments here on the blog, post it on my FaceBook page, text it to at 417-733-3008, or email it to me at ministryonpurpose@hotmail.com

I'm excited to see us start bringing the KINGDOM!
God bless!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

After getting more than 10000 visitors/day to my website I thought your oneeightycc.blogspot.com website also need unstoppable flow of traffic...

Use this BRAND NEW software and get all the traffic for your website you will ever need ...

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

In testing phase it generated 867,981 visitors and $540,340.

Then another $86,299.13 in 90 days to be exact. That's $958.88 a
day!!

And all it took was 10 minutes to set up and run.

But how does it work??

You just configure the system, click the mouse button a few
times, activate the software, copy and paste a few links and
you're done!!

Click the link BELOW as you're about to witness a software that
could be a MAJOR turning point to your success.

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com